Anything that could be used to identify you as an individual is personal data. We try to only collect only as much of your personal data as we need to. We collect this information directly from you when you sign up for Hosted Graphite or contact us for support. We also receive personal data from our partners, such as when a customer signs up for Hosted Graphite through another agent, or if the data is publicly available.
We collect two types of personal data from our customers:
- Contact details: names, email addresses, addresses, company affiliation, and other things that might help us communicate with you.
- IP addresses.
Any data that is not personal data is classed as other data. We collect a lot more types of other data than personal data, so to list them all would be time-consuming, but here are a few:
- Cookie and Tracking technology data: we may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, they may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
- Company data: such as a company’s structure, product and service offerings, jurisdiction, and other information we might need to craft a plan for service or do business.
- Transaction data: such as purchase amount, and date of purchase. NB: if you are paying through Stripe or Heroku, those payments are processed directly by the third party providers. We don’t take or keep payment details beyond those we need to apply payments to the relevant accounts.
- Metrics: of course, we also collect all of the data that you choose to send us.